Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gold Futures Trading YG Contract – Hourly Chart

Gold is my favorite and most profitable investment vehicle. I trade gold using the GLD etf and futures. Last week I wrote about this key resistance level and how I was waiting to trade until the Friday unemployment numbers were out and to see how the market reacted before putting our money to work. Over the weekend the bullish sentiment caused gold to gap above that key resistance level but has sold back down after beginning the new week.

The chart below shows that I am neutral/bearish for the next few days. Heavy selling and the small bear flag is warning me of lower prices. The natural tendency for gold is to drift higher through the night from 6pm EST – 4am EST, so we could see higher prices in the short term but what happens in the following 1-3 days will set the tone for gold.



Chris Vermeulen "The Gold and Oil Guy"







Share

No comments: