Monday, February 15, 2010

Jim Cramer Actually Got It Right… Only, Three Months Later?


From Adam Hewison....

It’s no secret that we’ve been socked with snow this past week. During that time, I was flipping through channels and came across Jim Cramer’s show Mad Money. I’ve said this before, Jim is a great entertainer. I am not so sure how good he is at picking stocks.

He mentioned shorting one stock, Garmin (symbol GRMN). What he said about Garmin sort of made sense to me both from a technical and fundamental viewpoint.

So here is the fundamental viewpoint....Many of the new phones that are coming to market are referred to as “smart phones” and have the same capabilities as a standalone, turn by turn GPS. In my own case, I have an Apple iPhone. I was looking for a navigational application in the App Store and found exactly what I needed and the good news was, it was free, that’s right free. So the question is, why would anyone pay $150, $200, or even $300 to Garmin to have one of their systems? Fundamentally, I think his case is very sound.

Then, I looked at the technical picture for Garmin and noticed that we had a red monthly “Trade Triangle” sell signal some time ago (November 4th to be exact at the price point $27.06). So here we are some three to four months later having Jim Cramer tell us that Garmin may be a short.

For my money, I want to be trading the “Trade Triangles” and not listening to Jim Cramer and getting old news.

In this short video on Garmin, you will see exactly what were looking at and where the signals kick in. I also point out where one very important technical indicator is at a tipping point.

As always our videos are free to watch and there are no registration requirements.

I hope you enjoy the video and please feel free to leave a comment here about how you feel about this market.

Get Started Trading Now....With 10 FREE Trading Lessons

Share

No comments: